Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nook Simple Touch DIY - Book Cover

My mother just got a Nook, but had no cover for it, the ones that matched weren't really cool or maybe too expensive for what you get. I was looking for one but after a while I just decided to make one on my own.
I went to a thrift store to look for a book that would match but the options weren't many, finally I found an interesting book with no title, not exactly what I was looking for, but good enough. A children's book for $1.

THE BOOK I FOUND
I HAD TO CUT THE PAGES ONE BY ONE  WITH A X-ACTO KNIFE AND USE ELMER'S GLUE,
BUT THE HEIGHT WASN'T ENOUGH.
IT FITTED THE NOOK BUT HAD TO ADD SOME CARDBOARD  FOR HEIGHT.
(READING KEVIN SMITH BOOK - Tough Shit: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good (2012))
THE BORDER DOESN'T HAVE THE FINISH I WANTED, PROBABLY A PAPER GUILLOTINE WOULD HAVE HELPED. 
FINALLY THE CLOSED BOOK LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH AND CONCEALS THE NOOK THE WAY  I WANTED.
THE DAY AFTER I FOUND THIS NICE COVER FOR 10 BUCKS AT MARSHALLS.
HA, I SENT THEM BOTH TO HER. (SHE'S SAYS SHE'S USING THE BOOK...)

No comments:

Post a Comment